Parent and Child
Course: Parent and Child
This is a 30 minute class.
To familiarize young children (from ages 6 months to about 3 years) to the water and prepare them to learn to swim in the Preschool Learn-to-Swim courses. It is not designed to teach children to survive in the water on their own.
- No skill prerequisites.
- Child must be at least 6 months old to enroll.
- Parent or other caregiver must accompany each child into the water and participate in each class.
- Learn to ask for permission before entering the water.
- Learn how to enter and exit the water in a safe manner.
- Feel comfortable in the water.
- Explore submerging to the mouth, nose and eyes completely.
- Explore buoyancy on the front and back position.
- Change body position in the water with support.
- Learn basic water safety rules and how to avoid water hazards around the home.
- Learn about the importance of wearing a life jacket and experience wearing one.
- Learn and become familiar with songs